This year I’ve been devoting one week a month to a themed blog series with daily blog posts. I’ve talked all about project life, shared some ‘wish someone told me sooner’ parenting advice, written about ways to preserve your memories/photos, revealed our favorite things in West Seattle, taught a few easy photo editing tips, celebrated my third birthday, shared ideas for documenting childhood, revealed my favorite apps, given ideas for fun ways to use your photos, and this month is all about MY FAVORITE RECIPES!
“Green noodles” are a staple in our household. One of the only meals I know is guaranteed to be devoured by both kids. It’s a great meal for hiding greens and I’ll serve it for lunch or dinner (ok, fine, sometimes both… on the same day).
“Green noodles” Pesto recipe
The recipe calls for basil, but I often use a mixture of baby spinach leaves & basil to sneak in some more greens. Still tastes great and the kids don’t even notice!
- 2 cups basil (or 1 basil plant)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz pasta, your choice
- Combine basil, garlic and parmesan in food processor. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing. Pulse until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Toss cooked pasta & pesto!
- The kids like their 'green noodles' plain, but for adults I add baked chicken and cherry tomatoes. YUM!
I like to double the recipe and freeze half the pesto for even easier weeknight meal prep!
More delicious recipes are coming all week long! If you’d like to receive a summary in your email inbox at the end of the week, enter your email address here!