In celebration of my very FAVORITE holiday, I put together a fun & easy St Patrick’s Day project that’s fun for all ages (including adults)! Inspired by the hilarious ‘elf yourself’ videos that circulate every holiday season, this project will fill your home (or cubicle wall) with the luck of the Irish!
what you’ll need for this st patrick’s day craft
- a copy of my free printable [see below]
- a 5×7 photo
- crayons or markers
- tape roller
- a tall glass of Guinness [for any supervising adults to enjoy]
This project is so simple that it really doesn’t require any additional explanation. But, after making a couple of these, here are my tips for getting the right photo.
1) I used my iPhone to snap the photos. I find little kids respond MUCH better when they can see the screen so I used the front-facing camera of my iphone. Tickles = smiles.
2) Don’t even worry about taking a perfect photo or about zooming in so that the face fills the screen. Your only focus should be getting a good expression. You’re just keeping the head anyway. Here are my originals so you can see that photo quality really doesn’t matter for this project:
3) Crop so that the face fills most of the image [see above]. Print as 5×7 and it should fit perfectly!
Feeling too lazy to take a photo for this project? Then just have the kids design their own leprechaun face in the blank space provided on the printable. Even easier.
I’d love to see your little leprechauns so if you share a photo, please tag me! [@callmemissfreddy on Instagram!]