Project Life is a memory-keeping system I use to create annual family yearbooks for my family. I use the Project Life App on my iPhone to design the pages (so convenient!) and at the end of the year, I order a photo book from Blurb. Last month, out of curiosity, I ordered seven photo books from various companies to compare quality. In the process, I created a helpful design shortcut I want to share today!
When I was reviewing allllll the photo books last month, one issue I ran into again & again was insufficient page borders. I needed to add consistent borders to my pages, but each photo book company has a different process for adjusting the page borders to fit within their ‘safe zone’ (all of which were pretty time-consuming). I knew that if I added the borders to the pages BEFORE I uploaded them to the photo book companies, things would be SO MUCH easier!
So, I created a Photoshop action to automatically add borders to my pages and when run as a ‘batch’, it added borders to my ENTIRE YEAR’S worth of pages IN SECONDS! You can download the photoshop action FOR FREE and I filmed a tutorial to show you how to use it (scroll down for all the details).
how to use a photoshop action to add project life page borders
How to use the FREE Photoshop action to add page borders to your Project Life pages:
- Download the free action (below).
- Install the action. Click the three bars in the Actions panel and select Load Actions.
- To run a batch action, go to File/Scripts/Image Processor.
- Set your original and destination folders.
- Save as JPEG quality 12.
- Run action ‘Project Life Border Add.
As you can see in the video, I added borders to 77 pages in UNDER A MINUTE! Photoshop MAGIC, friends!
Don’t have Photoshop?
I can absolutely do this FOR YOU for only $25. Trust me, skipping the whole frustrating design process in the photo book applications is worth that price tag! Send me an email to get started!
New to Project Life?
- Here’s a step-by-step tutorial of how I print my annual yearbooks with Blurb.
- I’ve been using the same basic cover design for our family albums. I shared a free photoshop template here.
- I wrote about my favorite apps to use in conjunction with the Project Life App in this post.
- See ALL of my Project Life related posts here.