Occasionally, after I finish reading Colin his bedtime story, I set it down and think “what the… WHAT was this author ON while writing this book?”
There are some strange ones out there, for sure. If you ask me, one of the biggest offenders is Goodnight Moon. This childhood classic is filled with creepy artwork and strange stories about saying goodnight to mush. I just don’t get it.
I’m always on the lookout for good children’s books. Ones that Colin will enjoy and won’t creep out Mom & Dad. [is that really so much to ask?]
Here are Colin’s favorites from this year:
- Little Blue Truck. Full of fun noises, this book really grabs Colin’s attention. I love to listen to Daddy making all the noises as he reads. Plus it has a good message.
- But Not the Hippopotamus. I laughed out loud at the ending the first time I read this book. Entertaining for kids & adults. Anything by Sandra Boynton is a winner. Hard to pick a favorite.
- The Tickle Tree. The artwork in this book is whimsical & enchanting. It’s full of make believe words that’ll keep Mom & Dad on their toes and Colin loves it!
- Good Night Seattle. This series is so much fun! It highlights different landmarks around the city and visitors love reading this to Colin when they come to Seattle to see us. The ‘Good Night Our World’ series has a large collection of locations (most likely your city or state is on the list).
- Little Monkey. This little puppet series is interactive & fun for babies. I carry one at all times and use it in emergencies [immediately stops crying]. After mentioning it was one of Colin’s favorites, we’ve received quite a few. We started with Little Seal, but have now expanded our collection to include Monkey, Puppy, Horse & Kitten.
- I Love You Through and Through. We were given this at a baby shower and it’s one of my favorites to read Colin. Cute photos, sweet sentiments and the simple phrases will be something he can learn to ‘read’ at a young age.
What is YOUR baby’s favorite book? Please leave a comment below- we’re always looking to add to our library!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I receive a small commission. Obviously I only share products I love!