Welcome to Day 2 of my “All About Project Life” blog series… where I’m sharing the details on how I do project life so you can see how EASY it is! (If you missed Day 1, learn more about why I love Project Life!)
how to use the project life app
Here’s a little video of me creating a page using the Project Life app plus my biggest time saving tip! [Also featuring a special bonus appearance from Colby Jack who provides a not-at-all-annoying soundtrack towards the end of the video… apologies.]
- I start by scrolling through my Camera Roll & marking the best photos as ‘favorites’. This saves SO MUCH TIME when you’re building your pages!
- All of my pages have square corners & white backgrounds (personal preference).
- I prefer to do my weeks Monday-Sunday so that my weekends aren’t divided (I’ve done it Sunday-Saturday in the past and didn’t like that as much).
- While most of my daily photos are taken directly on my iPhone, I use Dropbox for my DSLR photos that have been edited on my computer. They’re easily accessed within the Project Life App.
- I didn’t mention it in the video, but I often edit my iPhone photos using the PicTapGo app.
- I export my completed pages as 12×12 to Dropbox. I save them as ‘week number _ month name _ week within the month _ a or b.’ For example: 5 February wk 1a.jpg and 5 February wk 1b.jpg would be the 5th week of the year/first week in February. This works for me because at year end I can make sure everything sorts in order & that all 52 weeks are accounted for in the book!