My two-year-old loves books. I suspect he gets it from me [we established earlier this week that I read a lot of books] because his Dad mostly reads a lot of sports scores… and work email. But every night before bed, the two of them settle into our big gliding chair and read bedtime stories.
This is a list of our current favorites. Check out these great books for toddlers:
- Little Blue Truck Leads the Way. I shared last year that Little Blue Truck was my son’s favorite book. This is the next story in the series. Just as good as the first!
- Press Here. My son loves to push buttons. All buttons. Like Buddy the Elf in the elevator. This book is interactive and really clever.
- Larry Loves Seattle. Probably doesn’t have the same appeal for my non-Seattle friends, but it’s a favorite in our house. Colin finds Larry on every page, demanding that we say ‘Larry’ every time he points.
- Where’s Spot. This lift-the-flap book is just as adorable as the chubby little fingers that turn each page. It’s a little roughed up after lots of flap lifting, but this was one of my childhood favorites too.
- We’re Going to the Farmers’ Market. Gorgeous & colorful pages. Colin loves to point to each vegetable and ask us to say the names. I’m all for teaching kids about real food & farmers’ markets!
- Five Little Fishes. Cute counting book. Colin loves it, but I try not to think too hard about why the little fish are disappearing [going to ‘play’ with a shark?]
What is your toddler’s favorite book? Please let me know [leave a comment] so I can add it to our wishlist!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, you will pay the same price, but I receive a small commission. Obviously I only share products I love from companies I trust. [don’t believe me? just ask our UPS man how many boxes we get from amazon…]