This year I’ve been devoting one week a month to a themed blog series with daily blog posts. I’ve talked all about project life, shared some ‘wish someone told me sooner’ parenting advice, written about ways to preserve your memories/photos, revealed our favorite things in West Seattle, taught a few easy photo editing tips, celebrated my third birthday, and shared ideas for documenting childhood. This week is all about my favorite apps!
my favorite apps: for me!
Aside from the usual suspects (Instagram, Facebook, Weather), these are the apps that I find myself clicking on most frequently.
1. Timehop. I look at this guy daily. For someone like me who shares quite a bit on social media, this app is such a fun historical journal to see what happened on this day in prior years. There’s a similar feature within Facebook, but I MUCH prefer this app because it pulls in your Photos + other social media content. It’s so fun!
2. Project Life. No surprise here… I’ve only talked about it over & over again on the blog. This app is a steal and makes memory keeping easy (like SUPER easy) and convenient. I use this app monthly to pull together my family’s photos into our family yearbook.
3. Feedly. Another app I check daily. I subscribe to blogs I enjoy and then this app shows them all the new posts in a simple feed every day. Sadly, I feel like the art of blogging is dying because my feed seems to be shorter & shorter every day, but I still look forward to seeing new articles every morning!
4. Swipes. I use this bad boy MULTIPLE times a day. It’s my preferred to-do list app. It’s way simpler & prettier than the standard Reminders app. In this one, you type a task, assign a date, and when it’s complete you just SWIPE right. Very gratifying to dominate the list! (It also keeps a tally of how many days in a row you’ve finished your to-do’s).
5. Ibotta. This is a new one to my phone, but it’s earned me quite a bit of money already! It’s basically the future of couponing- you ‘clip’ a coupon and then redeem it for cash in the app. If you’ve used Cartwheel at Target, it’s the same thing but on a much larger scale. Give it a try and earn $10 after your first time using this link! Now, if only Trader Joe’s would be added as an option, I’d be making BANK!
6. Chatbooks. I shared this app in last month’s post about how I create simple, inexpensive books of my children’s artwork, but in case you missed that… Chatbooks is a super slick app that syncs with Instagram. You can sign up to automatically receive a small bound book every 60 photos you share. Couldn’t be easier! Get a FREE Chatbook with the code EU4KCUZZ!
7. 1 Second Everyday. I am in-freaking-love with this app. I found out about it in January and gave it a whirl thinking I’d lose interest in a couple days or that it would be tiresome. I am still going strong more than halfway through the year and I LOVE THE 3+ MINUTE VIDEO! You can see some samples on my Instagram account… I share a snippet every two weeks.
So, that’s it… my favorite iPhone apps! Any of those top YOUR list?
More favorite apps are coming all week long (still to come: health, photography & business)! If you’d like to receive a summary in your email inbox at the end of the week, enter your email address here!