Around here, when we find a book we love, it gets requested over & over & over & over, until Mom/Dad can’t take it anymore. Overheard last night: “What should we read tonight?’ SPEEDSTER COLIN! ‘But we’ve read that every single night this week… pick something else.’ SPEEDSTER COLIN!
At least the kids have a love for reading. For that, I’m thankful.
This is a list of our current favorites….
Kids Book Recommendations
- A Crack in the Track. The little Thomas book box came with four board books and every single one is a hit.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar. A classic. Colin has this one memorized & I love to hear him list all the different foods (‘one piece of swiss cheese… one slice of salami…’) while Jill pokes the holes the caterpillar ate in the pages.
- Toot Toot Beep Beep. I always get R. Kelly’s ‘Ignition (Remix)’ stuck in my head when I hear this book title (anyone?), which means that song has been stuck in my head a lot lately. But, it’s a cute book. I love that Colin says ‘we hold hands when we cross the street’ after every page (which they don’t actually say anywhere in the book… hah).
- Speedster Colin. We are really big fans of I See Me books around here. Personalized books are so much fun! And this one is totally adorable.
- I’m Just a Fish. Jill loves this book! The googly eyes are fun for babies & the story is simple enough that it can be memorized (read) by a toddler.
- Snuggle Puppy. Sandra Boynton has so many great stories. We fell in love with the Snuggle Puppy bedtime song and have been singing it for probably two years now!
What is your toddler’s favorite book at the moment? Please let me know so I can add it to our wishlist!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, you will pay the same price, but I receive a small commission. I truly appreciate your support of my blog!