Around here, we read a lot of books. Books before naptime, books for one while the other is napping, books before bedtime… so many books. At the end of the year I like to do a little recap of our recent favorites. As a way to preserve the memories, but also to give you some gift ideas for the little ones in your life. There’s still enough time to order these off Amazon before Christmas!
This is a list of our current favorites….
kids book recommendations
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Wow, not sure why it took us 4 years to discover this book, but as soon as I brought it home, it skyrocketed to the top of the favorites list… for BOTH kiddos. It sparked a crazy letter obsession in Colin and an interest in spelling words!
- Where Do Diggers Sleep At Night? This isn’t necessarily my favorite, but the kids love it. It’s cute.
- Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs. Sandra Boynton has so many winners. Jill ADORES this book and loves to read along. I especially love when she says ‘Dinosaurs are cuuuuute!’
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt. Easily my personal favorite of the year because it brings back my own childhood memories. The kids love to read along for this one.
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes. Again, not sure why it took us so long to discover Pete the Cat, but I innocently brought this home from the library this fall and now we have a BUNCH of Pete books. And a stuffed animal. And a t-shirt. Pete’s the best.
- One Big Pair of Underwear. Colin loves numbers so this is right up his alley. A cute one for sure.
What is your toddler’s favorite book at the moment? Please let me know so I can add it to our wishlist!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, you will pay the same price, but I receive a small commission. I truly appreciate your support of my blog!