This is my SEVENTH annual ‘favorite reads’ list! To be honest, I almost skipped the round up this year because I didn’t really prioritize reading as much as I have in the past. I worked A LOT this year and didn’t have make time for reading. I’m going to change this for 2020 because I do love to read. My priorities should reflect that! Anyway, you’re not here to hear my excuses… so let’s chat about the books I did read that I think are worth sharing!
MY BOOK RECOMMENDATION LIST
Here we go… the best books I read in 2019!
- Where the Crawdads Sing. This is an exceptional book. The story is captivating and even though I couldn’t relate to the main character in any way, oh man was I drawn to her story. I believe they are making a movie out of those book and I can’t wait to see it.
- The Hate U Give. This is a young adult book, but it was an important read (for me). A great look at race and bias. It was a quick read that I’ve continued to think about long after putting the book down.
- The Obesity Code. My favorite Gretchen Rubin has talked quite a bit about how she quit sugar (many years ago), attributing her changes to the information she learned in this book. Because of my own serious battles with sugar, I decided to read it. It’s heavy on the science- explaining how food impacts our hormones, etc. My diet and attitude looks very different after finishing this book. Highly recommend.
- More Than Enough. This book was written by one of my photo organizing clients and I love how she makes minimalism approachable and realistic for a family with young kids. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by STUFF, this is a good one.
- #IMomSoHard. Ok, my book list is all over the board this year and this book is definitely different than the others. A hilarious read that’s perfect for sitting on the beach. I laughed out loud and related to so many of their stories. Grab this one if you need a book to lighten things up and make you laugh.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase one of these items using my affiliate link, I will make a small commission. Thanks for supporting my blog and helping me create more free content!