This is my EIGTH year making my book recommendation or ‘favorite reads’ list. This year’s list is a good mix of fiction and non-fiction.
MY BOOK RECOMMENDATION LIST
Here we go… the best books I read in 2020!
- Proof of Heaven. A neurosurgeon shares his experience with a near death experience during which he visited heaven. His descriptions of the afterlife fascinated me.
- Circe. I’ll admit… I almost quit this book after the first chapter. I know NOTHING about Greek mythology and I was struggling to get into the story or follow any of the names. I’m SO GLAD that I stuck it out. I loved this story. It’s probably my very favorite from the year.
- Becoming. I enjoyed learning more about both Michelle and Barack. I loved reading about her journey through motherhood and getting insights into life in the White House.
- Daisy Jones and The Six. I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy a book about a rock band in the 70s, but man was I wrong. I was captivated by the story and I cannot wait for it to become a TV series.
- Maybe You Should Talk To Someone. There was a point in my life when I thought I’d be a psychologist- I dual-majored in Marketing and Psychology in college. So naturally I enjoyed this glimpse into the path I didn’t take. It did take me awhile to get into this book but by the end I was very invested in the stories of her clients.
- Know My Name. This book is heavy (a well-known sexual assault case with the Stanford athlete) but was very important insight into the way sexual assault victims are handled by the media and the justice system. Chanel is a great author and I look forward to reading more from her.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase one of these items using my affiliate link, I will make a small commission. Thanks for supporting my blog and helping me create more free content!